I have recently been experimenting with adapting various lenses to a mirrorless camera. This isn’t the first time I have tested old film camera lenses on a modern digital camera. Six years ago I tested a Vivitar 35mm f/1.9 lens that I have owned since the late 1970s. It was used when I got it so I don’t know how old it actually is and it’s now so worn that it feels like it could fall apart each time I use it.
This is my contribution to the A Photo a Week Challenge: Flower. An Echinacea (Coneflower) flower photographed with the old Vivitar 35mm lens. I rather like the way the lens renders the out of focus flowers in the background.
For comparison, a Coneflower photographed with a modern 50mm macro lens a couple of years ago.