A fallen Maple leaf on a weathered limestone boulder on the South Bruce Peninsula, Ontario.
Not a selective colour treatment, the colour and tones are pretty much as they came out of the camera. I used Snapseed to add a vignette and lens blur around the edges of the frame to focus attention on the leaf.
This is my contribution to Debbie’s One Word Sunday: Art prompt.
This is my contribution to Cee’s On the Hunt for Joy Challenge: Knoll Your Desk.
I was sitting at the kitchen table I use for a computer desk editing photos when I was thinking about the prompt. I noticed a couple of things on the table that were a possibility for the challenge.
I used a fast lens for shallow depth of field and then did some heavy editing using Snapseed on this tablet.
The small Samsung SSD on the left is my primary backup drive for all my photos. The two USB cables next to it are for two more external hard drives used to backup all my photos. Those two drives are rotated with one being kept off site.
My pen and pencil holder is an old plastic drinking glass, it holds everything but pens and pencils. The closest items to pens and pencils are two red Sharpes. The hex driver is for my camera and lens mounts, the old toothbrush is for cleaning in nooks and crannies and there’s also two small flashlights in it.
I must add that I have been using the new Block Editor for a couple of days but I have become so frustrated with it I went back to the classic editor to finish this post.
I had a couple of ideas for the challenge, neither of which worked out.
Then I remembered photographing a section of sidewalk some bored child had coloured in with chalk. I had photographed it last summer where the local town held a weekly farmers market. I assumed that the bored child of one of the stallholders had coloured the sidewalk in.
So I decided to do some heavy editing using Photoshop and then Snapseed to get a couple of different versions of the coloured sidewalk.
When I first read the prompt for the Tuesday Photo Challenge – Junk I didn’t have any ideas.
Then I thought about a bag containing the parts of a zoom lens I took apart some time ago. The lens had a known problem where the ribbon cable controlling the aperture fails. Researching online showed that repaired lenses were still failing so I decided not to get the lens repaired.
I was going to tear the lens down to remove the jammed aperture assembly and reassemble it as a manual lens without an aperture. Well that was the plan, by the time I got deep enough into the lens to release the jammed aperture I knew the lens was never going back together. A modern, auto focus zoom lens is a lot more complex than an old fashioned manual focus prime lens.
And just for a laugh, the junk lens photographed with a junk lens. The focusing mechanism of my 25mm CCTV lens jammed the first time I used it. Each time I use it I have to play around with it to get it to focus. It’s a pity as the lens produces some interesting swirling around the edges of the frame which I like. By the time I had finished editing in Snapseed it looks like a modern lens photographed using a a wet plate camera in the 1870s.
This is my contribution to the Weekly Prompts Photo Challenge: The Teapot.
I should first admit that despite being a Brit I am a coffee drinker. On the rare occasion when I do have a cup of tea it’s invariably a teabag in a mug.
However, my partner has a small collection of ornamental teapots so I picked two to photograph for the challenge. Now I’m sure a lot of people will be familiar with an ornamental teapot in the shape of a house or cottage. The second teapot I picked was a little more unusual. It’s in the shape of a cupboard or sideboard with an old fashioned phonograph (gramophone) on top. I picked the placemat to photograph them on as the colours in the teapots were echoed in the placemat.
Having colour matched the various items the photo had some heavy editing in Snapseed to make it look old before adding a film type border.
I had a few ideas for the challenge before thinking of salt and pepper. For a black and white photo challenge salt and pepper seemed an obvious choice.
Taken with the 7artisans 35mm f/1.2 lens wide open at f/1.2 and then heavily edited in Snapseed. I added film grain, some radial blur with a mild vignette centered around the black peppercorns and a Polaroid type border before doing the monochrome conversion where I added some more film grain.
A contribution to the Friendly Friday Photo Challenge: Photo Edits.
A recent post for Becky’s October Squares: Lines photo challenge made me think of the edits I have made to two shots of trees in the autumn. The two shots are of the same group of trees, one is a vertical composition and the other horizontal.
The vertical shot.
A monochrome conversion of the vertical composition.
An edited version of the horizontal composition with a film type border added using Snapseed.
A square crop of the horizontal version for Becky’s October Squares: Lines photo challenge.